Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What's on my needles this week



So I've been a busy little knitter. I finished one sock, the plain ol' stockinette sock in Cascade Fixation. Here's some pics of it. Yes I normally dislike this much pink but I love the purples, blues and whites in this sock enough to forgive the pink.
I've also been working on my cables and os cardi from No Sheep For You in Knitpicks Cotlin in the fantastically wonderful colourway Morrocan red. I like this yarn, but find knitting with it for long periods of time it's a little hard on the hands. I wonder if it's the cotton or the linen? I have gotten pretty far on it even though it's on 3.5mm (US 4 ) This is my first cabling project as well as my first sweater/cardi so I'm very happy with the progress of it. I have put it down to work on other projects with deadlines though. Oh and I did get my geek on and knitted a gauge swatch, see picture is evidence! The stitchmarkers are from Zero on Etsy, they are pretty freshwater pearls and I love them.





I have some other projects going like my Hogwarts Sock Swap pal's Gryffindor socks and the Montego Bay scarf but I'll save those for another post when my internet isn't so sluggish! Happy Knitting!