Friday, January 25, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - The Late Edition


What’s your favorite book that nobody else has heard of?
You know, not Little Women or Huckleberry Finn, not the latest best-seller . . . whether they’ve read them or not, everybody “knows” those books. I’m talking about the best book that, when you tell people that you love it, they go, “Huh? Never heard of it?”

I know I'm late it's Friday, but I've been a but busy. For example I haven't had to time to dig out that prize for the mini-contest and take a picture for you all. Here's a hint (are you paying attention? good) in regards to the secret -- many knit bloggers are leaving their "home" like lemmings (yes I know the mass suicide thing is a myth), where are they going? This secret has been in the works for a while, but there are other before me who have done it, now it might be a case of Monkey see, Monkey do; however there are good reasons to have a new "home" Come on people there's more time to enter and you can have more than one guess (hint, Marsha it's not actual knitting, nice guess though :-D)

Well one is Song in the Silence by Elizabeth Kerner I did meet a fellow YarnWords member (ravelry group) who has liked and read it as well. There are two other books after this, but I can't seem to get through the second. I'm going to try again from the very beginning. I won't really give too much away, but I will say dragons!!!

The Oblivion Society by Marcus Alexander Hart. I was introduced to this book and author by an internet friend. It's a funny little trip to the end of the world as we know it. The new cover is so not the cover I have!! I have signed first edition, though the new cover is really cool!

The Shattered World by Michael Reaves What's not to like magic, intrigue, and dragons!! I'm not sure what the reviewer on Amazon was reading because I don't recall having any problems understanding the words in this book. I guess he just has a limited lexicon...

O-Zone by Paul Theroux - I'm always have been a bit found of reading dystopia fiction like Brave New World, Snow Crash, 1984, The Handmaiden's Tale etc.. this is one of them that never make the "must-read" dystopia fiction list. let alone the list at all!