Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Butterflies

So I just got my package from WEBS. Yay me! I have two skeins of Wick, which is the yarn I've been dying to try, a couple balls of Cascade of various colourways and a bag of Rowan Calmer in onyx that I ordered to make a sweater. I had a sweater in mind, I think it was in the No Sheep book but now I have forgotten and I should check how much yardage I have, so I can decide on a pattern for the Calmer.

I'm still knitting away on my sockapalooza's sock in Panda Cotton -- Strawberries-Limes colourway. I really hope she likes it because I'm making her a pair of monkey socks and I really hope they fit. I'm new at sock knitting, as well as not up on the geeky gauge skills yet. I'm also working on the Jaywalker in the BMFA's Sock Candy for me, but it has been frogged a lot lately that I might put it down. I've also finished some more lace repeats on the Lace Diamond Scarf that I'm making that might go to my great grandmother for her birthday if I finish it on time!

I'm planning on going to my second knitting meet-up tonight and I'm nervous. I'm not really a huge social butterfly anymore nor a really extroverted intriguing individual unless you include that I'm legally blind with a guide dog and I knit as well as crochet. I'm sure it will go fine and I'll have fun. Wish me luck!