Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sockapalooza sock update


So here is the sock I'm knitting for my sockapalooza pal hanging out with our fish tank. It's the monkey socks and it seems like everyone is knitting a pair -- the new jaywalkers. I have to admit I jumped on the bandwagon, but I've been oogling this pattern before I could even knit socks. The lace is fun and addictive, hence the name that Cookie A gave this pattern. This is the first sock, and I'm one more lace pattern repeat from starting the heel flap, yay! I used Crystal Place's Panda Cotton in the strawberries and lim
es colourway. It's 55% Bamboo, 21% cotton and 21% elastic nylon and 157 m/175 yards per ball, you have to use two balls to make a pair of socks. I really hope my pal like the socks because I know some others who have told me that they'd love to get them.

PS thought I'd say hi to my tour guide from the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap (my guess where she is from her clue is Kentucky) as well as answer Monica's question about SP 10. You assumed correct it's Secret Pal 10 and it's drawing to a close tomorrow. I've received all my spoils from my spoiler ( you can find them at my old knitting journal or my flickr account), Amy; however I did order some awesome stitchmarkers these and these from her etsy store, go and visit for yourself. Oh and Monica as well as other's here's something to geek out on in regards to BC's
coastal temperate rainforest from the David Suzuki website.