Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hogwarts Sock Swap Two Contest Answers

What type of pet do you choose as your companion at Hogwarts? If I was allowed to choose a dragon I would, but since I can't I would choose an owl. I hope I'm not allergic to it!

While shopping in Hogsmeade you stop by Honeydukes for some sweets. What treats do you purchase for yourself? Some dark chocolate frogs, peppermint toads, peppermint humbugs, Pumpkin Pasties, some tasty Honeyduke's fudge, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, and some sugar quills.

A potion you are preparing needs an ingredient available only at muggle shops. You don't want to stand out in your wizards robes, so you resort to traditional muggle clothing. Describe your outfit in detail. Since my mom is muggle born I'd be wearing comfy dark blue jeans (boot cut flares), 16 hole bottle green doc martens, brown cotton t-shirt and my (soon-to-be knitted in real life, once my pattern and yarn get here) Central Park Hoodie in Cascade Pima Cotton's Moss colourway.

What is your favorite subject to study at Hogwarts and why? Ancient Runes because I love hieroglyphs, runes and Logograms (ideograms). I can't wait till we learn ancient Chinese logograms so I can decipher some ancient potions, which is my second favourite class tied with Arithmancy.

Likewise, what subject is your least favorite and why? History of Magic. The textbooks are fascinating, except if Professor Binn's reads it *sigh*

Back to the potion you were shopping for ingredients for, what type of potion are you making, what color is it, , what are the ingredients, and precisely what does the potion do? I'm making a potion called dulcis ovis ultionis that allows the a person who is allergic to animal fibers to be able to wear and use BMFA Socks That Rock, Yarn Pirate and other pretty fibery goodness that tickles her/his fancy without having an allergic reaction. One of the side effects of this potion is that all the ladies at the LYS who tried to force animal fibery goodness on you before you took this potion will develop horrible animal fiber allergies. Poor, poor dears. I can't tell you the ingredients because it's a top secret potion that I've developed and it hasn't been patented yet. One thing it does need is a the softest merino wool fiber, which is what I had to get at the Muggle store. Oh and the colour changes to a variegated colourway that is made up of the person who is holding the potion bottle.