Thursday, November 1, 2007

NaKniSweMo Day 1

I've started my Central Park Hoodie in Cascade Pima Tencel in Moss and it's going quickly. I've finished the ribbing and almost the first cable repeat. This is the project I've picked for NaKniSweMo. A whole bunch of us adventurous (some may read this as crazy) have taken the challenge of knitting a sweater with 50,000 or more sts.

Are you ready here's the math. I've knit about 6 inches plus I'm knitting the body in one piece. So that's 178 sts. at gauge 23 rows per inch to a total of approx. 6,141 sts out of 50,000. So to meet the target of 50,000 sts in a month one must knit a total of approx. 1, 666 sts per day; however I'm sure that my choosen pattern in the large is much more than 50, 000. If I keep up this pace I'll be done in no time.

I'm putting all my projects aside for this month to complete my sweater/cardi and can't wait to try on the finished object at the end of the month. The only project I'm not going to put down during this time is my International ScarfExchange Pal's scarf I'm crocheting this for my pal in this beautiful blue SWTC pure (soysilk) that I got at one of my LYS. Yep one of my LYS's has soysilk SQQQUUUEEEEEE. So to go on with it, I don't want to include pictures of the progress nor on Ravelry just in case she finds me. She likes a good mystery to solve like I do and I'm sure she is crafty enough in the sleuthing department to put clues together. So this crochet WIP is on super secret lock-down for now.