Thursday, November 29, 2007

NaKniSweMo and Secret Pal 11 Completed!!

So I did it I finished my CPH today!! I want to add wooden toggles and block it, but that can wait till later. This hoodie is still wearable without a closure. I really love it and will be knitting it again! Next sweater though I'm going to go one size up from the size I choose to knit, I like it with negative ease; however it would be nice to have a bit more room to wear layers under this sweater.

I've finished knitting a Quickie Cowl from f.pea's Free pattern fridays. I knit it in about half a hank of yummy Blue Sky Alpaca Cotton in Tomato. It's warm and really pretty, great for the disgusting and unusual weather we've been having in the Lower Mainland for the past month or so. This is a super fast and wonderful knit and a great pattern to use for those last minute holiday gifts.

Another finished item is my ISE pal's scarf it's in SWTC Pure in a dark navy, the dye ran a bit when I washed it in cold water with my regular no dye, no perfume gentle laundry soap, but it still looks pretty good. I just need to get some extras together and get that out as well as my downstream sp's package and my Ravelry Cup'O'Tea Swap package out then I'm done for swaps for a while. I've meet some great people through swaps, but I'm getting a little warn out. So it's time to take a break for a bit.

I also received my final SP package from Mary. I got some balls of Hempathy, some yummy sencha ginger tea, awesome one cup filters (which I've used a few times now!), tasty dark chocolate and a great pair of folding scissors. Pictures are still on the camera and will be loaded and posted sometime this weekend (I'm really hoping to at least, if not next week.) Thanks so much Mary!!

Hmm, here's a look at what's on my needles now

  1. Sheldon from Knitty (holiday present for a friend's little one who is named after His Tallest)
  2. Another pair of Monkey Socks in Panda Cotton in the fern colourway for me
  3. will be casting on a Gir doll for another holiday gift
  4. Cable's and O's cardi (I can go back to this now that I'm done my CPH!)
  5. will be swatching for the Back to School vest (from Fitted Knits) for mini-me