Thursday, November 22, 2007

Still Knitting (and crocheting!)

So I've been missing-in-action lately, due to the general winter blahs, lack of sleep, constant frogging and some knitting/crocheting getting done.

So the progress on the CPH is going slower than it should due to the fact that I've frogged the sleeves way too many times to count due to one thing or another. Mostly I've been forgetting to switch to the larger needles after the ribbing. Sleep dep and thinking clearly don't really go well together. I have now completed both sleeves, so all that is left is the button band, hood and some seaming! I can't wait till this is done; however I'm not sure if I'm going to make the NaKniSweMo deadline There are horrible pics of some of the progress over on my flickr. I'm not going to post any of the pics here due to they are poor cell phone camera quality. His Tallest comes back on Saturday so I'll post some real pictures soon!

As for crocheting, I'm crocheting my ISE 5's scarf and I love the yarn I choose; however this yarn should only be knit or crocheted with a much bigger hook. Once the scarf is off to it's new home I'll post some pics. The yarn I'm using is SWTC Pure in this beautiful dark blue. I'm finding this yarn spility and maybe not the best yarn for lace crochet motifs. I only have 7 more motifs to go and it's done, so it's too late now to change my mind. It will drape nicely, which is a bonus for the pattern I'm using.

In other news, I've collected a lot of new yarn in the past month or so. I also noticed a trend in the colours are shades of reds (mostly dark red and burgundy) and blues! Funny thing when I got my wonderful Knitter's Coffee Swap package from Martha because the yummy yarn in the package matched the colour scheme theme I've been buying lately so well. Click here to see. Once again Martha if you are reading, I apologize for the procrastination of getting your swap box out and it will be sent out today or tomorrow I promise!

Happy Knitting everyone and to all those celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend enjoy!