Tuesday, July 17, 2007


Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? Ravenclaw

2. Shoe size? 6 ½ to 7 ½ depending on the shoe

3. Foot Length? 9 inches

4. Foot Circumference? 8 ½ inches

1. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length.

a. Brittany (birch)

b. Crystal Palace and Clover TIE (bamboo)

c. Addi (bamboo)

Lengths 5-6 inches and size 2.25(US 1) and 2.75(US 2) mm

2. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length? I’d love to try the magic loop method with circs that would work well with cotton/lycra and bamboo cotton sock yarns. I tried to use Crystal Palace’s and Knitpicks for the two circ method but the joins weren’t that smooth enough to deal with the bamboo cotton and cotton/lycra blends. I’m not sure what would work but I’m willing to give other circs a try. I’d love to try rosewood dpns. I use mostly bamboo due to the fiber I knit with; however I do own many sets of Pony Pearls (plastic with metal core) which I love for non-lace sock knitting.

3. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference? I don’t really have a strong preference between the book colours and the movie colours. I used to be upset about the colour change, but I’ve changed my mind over time and realized that I really like the silver better than bronze.

4. Allergies? Do you have any? Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? Allergies, yes! Sadly I’m allergic to ALL animal fibers, so please do not try to “change” my mind via Yarn Harlot’s “faux cotton – read super soft merino or other super soft animal fiber yarn” socks plan because even the littlest bit of wool causes issues and I like to breath and not want to tear my skin off thank you very much! I’m allergic to cats (fur and hair) and dogs (saliva only, so it’s okay as long as your cute dog doesn’t lick your yarn like mine tries to!). I prefer to receive a swap partner who is a non-smoker. As for all my other allergies you can find them on my other swap questionnaires on this blog and my old one. My knitting will be exposed to cute little black lab hairs, yep I’m allergic to dogs and I am a proud mommy of a guide dog. I only have issues when she licks me which we have trained her not to do.

5. Are you an international participant (outside US)? Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal? I’m an international participant. Won’t mind having an English-speaking International pal.


There is still a little bit of room for some more, sign ups for this swap opened on July 14th for first years and will be closing soon. So hurry and click here to join the fun before the Hogswarts' train leaves the platform!!