Monday, July 16, 2007

Turned the heel

So I have turned the heel and I'm almost finished decreasing the gusset stitches on my sock-a-palooza pal's sock. Wow August 2nd it approaching fast. I have a little over a week to complete the second sock, eep. I know I can do it because I just need to fly through the foot then onto the toe then viola a completed pair of socks.

Tomorrow we are going to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! Now what's see what they are going to change out of my overall favourite HP book. I'm so excited my 7th and last HP book comes on Saturday!!!! SSSSQQQQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So to celebrate the last book coming out I had signed up for Hogwarts Sock Swap TWO first year sign-ups started on July 14th, so what are waiting for go and apply! This should get me through the Harry Potter withdrawal once I'm finished the book and till the next movie comes out. Now even though I love the books much, much better than the movies, the movies are still pretty eye candy that bring the magical world to life outside my imagination without completely messing it up. Now my favourite movie so far is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, closely followed by HP and P of A. Hey everyone out there what is your favourite book of the series so far and movie? Come on comment because my extendable ears are broken :-D

Another swap I want to draw your attention to the Knit One, Tea Too swap. It brings my two favourite things together tea and knitting! I've become a loose leaf tea snob, but I still love a good cup of Tazo or Twinings Earl Grey. I tend to drink more green, herbal, but I love chai and earl grey. There's nothing like a great cup of tea with the fragrant smell of bergamot with a bit of honey and soy milk. I'm also addicted to jasmine tea, my favourite is Steeps Mu Dan Rose Jasmine balls (pricey, but soo worth it!). I can't get sick of Steeps Pear Green Tea, Tazo Refresh or the perfect pick-me-up peppermint tea. In the summer, I like to make iced tea (unsweetened so everyone can sweeten to taste if they sweeten it at all) and I love a nice steaming pot in the winter. If you like tea and knitting then this swap is for you, sign ups start on August 3rd -- details can be found on the swap blog here.

In other FO and non-HP news, I finished a cotton washcloth for Maylee. No pattern just easy seed stitch with a garter stitch border. I think she really likes the texture, well I do and she loves to rub her mussle against it when I'm washing her face so it's a hit. I'm going to make more for our house as well. Good hot summer knitting.