Wednesday, July 18, 2007

No more monkeys jumping on the bed

So I finished my sock-a-palooza pal's socks!!! Yah for me. The Crystal Palace bamboo dpn that I lost had turned up on the welcome mat of our back door the day before I started the second sock. So I worked on the second sock on 4 dpns.

Yarn: Crystal Palace Panda Cotton
55% Bamboo, 24% cotton and 21% elastic nylon
157m/50g (176 yrds/50g), 2.25mm-3mm(us1-2.5)

Needles: 2.25mm (us size 1) Crystal Palace bamboo dpns and Pony Pearls plastic with metal core dpns in 2.25mm (us size 1) replaced the lost needle till found.

Started and Finish Date: Including frogging many times
June 19th - July 18th

Thoughts on yarn: I really like the Panda Cotton. It's soft with a great stretch. The only issue I have with it is the yarn is very splity, but when it's not spliting it's fantastic and slides on the needles well. I love the colourways and own many of the cute little skiens already. I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars

Thoughts on the pattern: I love Cookie A's Monkey socks. The pattern was easy to follow and yes addictive hence it's name. The lace chart was fantastic and I found that after a whle I had memorized it. I'll definitely be making another pair of Monkeys sometime soon.

Posted by Picasa
Oh and my upstream pal I haven't heard from you for a while. I know you are probably busy knitting, but drop me a line via e-mail or comment. I don't think I've heard from you since I moved my blog to here. Also all my comments on my old blog were deleted when I switched to Halo, damn thing so I can't find any previous correspondence. I'd love to touch base with you you can e-mail me at the e-mail provided on my sockapalooza info or at anonymous (dOt) zen AT gmail (DoT) com.