Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Defeat the Winter Doldrums" Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? both

2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? wooden, mostly bamboo but I can't wait till my interchangable Harmony needles arrive!

3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try? my favourite cotton is blue sky alpacas organic and dyed cotton (but it's a little pilly and a bit expensive for dishclothes!), so bernat kitchen cotton and lion brand cotton. I'd love to get my hands on some more sugar'n'cream and/or peaches'n'creme I'm having problems finding either around here!

4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)? the bathroom is an ugly peachy colour and the kitchen is off-white, I really need to re-decorate!

5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite? red, blue, green, purple etc.. Least favourite colours are sickly pastels and orange. However in dishclothes, almost any colour goes usually though I prefer not pastels.

6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends? count the days till warmth!!

7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps? dark chocolate or vegan/lactose friendly baked goodies, good book, tea and nice hot bath.

8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps? ginger molasses cookies and using my good china. Oh there is also the habit of book buying. Here's my book wish list on amazon and shelfari if you are interested.

9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa? coffee and tea, I make cocoa due to most contain lactose

10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do? trip all around Europe, but first I'd go somewhere warm before I start which would be somewhere in the Caribbean. Yummy rum and sun!

11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of? oh boy there are a few bit of allergies, sorry... where to start all animal fibers of any percentage, lactose(milk and milk products - usually okay in baked goods in really small doses), lemongrass. a lot of perfumes (most smelling like flowers this includes soak and other laundry detergents I use non-perfume, non-dye soaps to make life easier), cats, dogs (saliva only, yes I know I have a dog; however she is a working dog plus I've grown an immunity to her), cigarette smoke (sensitivity), Petroleum jelly, almost all lip balms don't have issues with burt's bees only one that I haven't gotten chapped and annoyed lips from (funny it's got lanolin but seems fine), products with high glycerol/glycine content cause issues as well, feathers, dust, mold, pollens, beef ( have to be careful because beef lard is in some cookies!, vegetable shortening is my friend!) and there is more to the list but that's all you need to know really. Since this swap includes soaps I don't have any problems with olive oil, shea butter, and soy based soaps (glycine if low on the ingredients is usually fine) really strong smells especially flowers can be an issue, but mint, almond, lavender*, vanilla*, jasmine*, mango, coffee, hazelnut, eucalyptus, rosemary and a bit more. *if not overly strong or perfumey. I haven't had a chance to order from Sharon yet, but she makes soaps I'm not allergic to here's a link to her store.