Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year Knitting Resolutions

So it being the first day of 2007, I thought I'd look forward to 2008 by setting some New Year knitting resolutions. Here we go

  1. Cut down my stash by using stash yarn and I'm only aloud to by new yarn if I finish a project with stash yarn and only buy half or less of what I used from my stash. I may look into this further and decide rules etc..
  2. Knit a more complicated lace project
  3. Finish a pair of toe up socks!
  4. Get out to more meetups
  5. All the yarn in my stash that is already reserved for things like my yarn for the Simple Knitted Bodice (tilli tomas pure & simple and rockstar in olive) must be knitted into this year into the chosen project instead of sitting in the stash.
  6. Knit more socks for me!!
  7. Finish all projects on the needles

I'm sure I can think of more, but this is more than enough for the new year for me.

What do I have my needles. Well I'm finishing up on my daughter's Back-to-School U-neck vest from Fitted Knits, I started a plain vanilla sock with some beautiful CP Maizy in Sailor Blue, I still working on the first sock on my upteenth pair of monkeys in CP panda cotton and I have to finish up on my second Sheldon the turtle. So much to do and so little time.

I know I haven't been posting much but I've been working on a secret project that involves knitting sorta. You'll see once I'm all done ;-)