Thursday, January 17, 2008

This post is brought to you by Booking through Thursdays

I've always thought that I'd want to join in on Booking through Thursdays after seeing them on various blogs especially Marsha's, but never did go through with posting my answers. Well, it's a new year and here is my first Booking through Thursdays!

This week’s question is suggested by Puss Reboots:

How much do reviews (good and bad) affect your choice of reading? If you see a bad review of a book you wanted to read, do you still read it? If you see a good review of a book you’re sure you won’t like, do you change your mind and give the book a try?
I mostly ignore book reviews on books that I really want to read because well I really want to read them! As for changing my mind on a book due to good book reviews, I am guilty of being persuaded to read a book that has gotten a good review from friends or fellow bibliophiles. I won't have read His Dark Materials or even Harry Potter if I had not given into reading them, due to the fact that I was wary of disappointment. I thought that the raving was all due to mass hype and that I was going to be let down if I read them. I eventually did read them and they are some of my favourite books to read and re-read!