Wednesday, August 1, 2007

All packed up and ready to go

So I just put the finishing touches on my Sockapalooza 4 pals package and it all ready to go tomorrow! Here's a peak at what she is getting I really hope she likes her socks and extras. I put in some pretty merino and tencel sock yarn the colourway is Bird of Paradise handpainted by Spinning Bunny because she loves merino, but I can' t knit with it so she has some more sock yarn to make some socks for the upcoming fall/winter months and the monkey socks I made should be good for spring/summer

I am on the second or third lace pattern repeat on my first monkey sock for myself. I was too lazy to take pictures so I'll take them some later and post them. I haven't touched the ravenclaw scarf; however I did cast on a new project. I casted on some sea silk for the Montego Bay Scarf (Interweave summer 2007, designer Amy Singer) I think the colourway is either teal or ocean I can't seem to find the tag because I had wound it up to knit a lace scarf from Victorian Lace Today but decided I wanted to something simpler and put the yarn aside. I finally got the nerve to cut 200 12' pieces for the fringe and casted on. This is a good pattern to knit when you need something simple, it can get tedious and boring so bring it along with you to your knitting night out or put on a good audiobook, right now I'm listening to Janet Evanovich's Mean Thirteen.

Don't forget folks that tomorrow you can ship your sockapalooza packages, yay! Note to my upstream pal, don't worry about being a little late, just send everything in one go. There's no need to have to go to the post office twice! Just keep me in the loop and I'll be a happy sockpaloozer. Another thing not to forget, Knit One, Tea Too swap sign ups start on Friday August 3rd -- don't forget to check the site for more details.