Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Early Bird get's more tea! - Knit 1 Tea 2 Colour Swap

I'm so excited about this swap and I noticed that the questionnaire is up for all of us too excited to wait, so I took my time and finally finished it.

Here's my Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Colour (I'm Canadian eh!) Swap Questionnaire Answers.

1. Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try? I lurrrvve loose tea, but I'm not a total loose leaf snob because I'll use bags. It's just my preferred method of steeping tastiness.

2. What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavour, variety, etc)? Well I love Steeps loose leaf teas for example: their flavoured green teas (especially pear green tea), Mu dan rose, (hand-rolled balls with jasmine blossom). Also I like Twinings Earl Grey (original not this new fangled change that they tried to pull), Tazo Refresh, any tasty chais, peppermint, most herbal teas (minus anything with lemongrass due to allergies), chinese black teas, and white teas.

3. Favourite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up). I'd say green but I will won't mind any of them so choose away if you want to.

4. Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind? I love tea pots and need more! I have three right now -- one cobalt blue, one for loose leaf clear glass and a chinese tea pot. I'm sure if I had a hot water heater I'd still use a tea pot, lol.

5. What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself? loose leaf tea bags. Right now I'm using my coffee filters! Fancy tea spoon or tongs. A good tea infuser.


6. How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc).
A nice long soak in a bubble or bath bomb filled bath with a good book with some yummy treats on the side!

7. If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why? Bamboo. It can be rough at first, but it softens up after washing and use to become your favourite garment. I'm also different from the rest of the "flock"

8. If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why? Fair Isle Sweater I love them, but never get to wear them because of my allergies. Oh course it would be the no-sheep one from Amy Singer's book! I also like a challenge, my third knitting fo was a lace scarf!

9. What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?) A book club meeting might do it. I might skip for a yoga class but we can also go for tea after that! A book signing from one of my favourite authors would be another reason to skip out.

10. What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?) cucumber sandwiches on whole wheat cut in little triangles (crust included because I love the crust!), whole wheat scones (vegan) filled with tasty jam like strawberry, raspberry, blackberry or blueberry, and tasty pastries of course vegan friendly because vegan friendly means no dairy for me! If having green tea and/or chinese tea then there will be egg tarts, cha sui baau (BBQ pork buns), Chrysanthemum Pastries, egg rolls, jin tui, almond cookies, pineapple filled bun, and nuomizi. Also both would include ginger snaps can't leave out the tasty ginger!!

11. When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute? Usually I have to sub due to allergies, if it's a no-sheep friendly yarn I normally will use the yarn called for if it's in my stash or I really like it.

12. What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go? I have a go-knit pouch and some other pretty cloth pouches.

13. Favourite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting? There are so many. Labyrinth, Princess Bride, any Hayao Miyazaki with english-dubbed (if not crafting prefer subs), BSG, Heroes Season 1 (looking forward to season 2), doctor who (new and old -- all-time favourite doctor's are Tom Baker and David Tennant), The Thomas Crown Affair (new one) and more

14. Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match? I like both. I use a mug more than traditional tea cup out of laziness and the fact I don't want to hurt the beautiful tea cups my grandma handed down to me. As for drinking chinese and green tea I tend to use traditional chinese or japanese cups.

15. Favorite childhood birthday party? The party I had for all my friends when I was 8 or 9 outside we had a cake with cooked in it! I also had a roller skating party that year and only could choose two friends that was fun also.

16. Favourite type of scone and jam? whole wheat with berries. favourite jam: it's a between strawberry, blackberry and raspberry.

17. If you use candles, what is your favorite scent? lavender, green tea, mint, jasmine, grapefruit

18. If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead). Neil Gaiman, Hayao Miyazaki and Tori Amos because it sounds like too much fun. My favourite writers -- movie, books, comics and songwriting -- all in the same room, imagine the conversation!

19. You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)? Formal: Of course my lace knitted socks with a fancy skirt and my Mary Jane 'Vogs, a cute top and knitted cardi and of course my knitting! I might include a pretty hat and fan depending on my mood and the weather if it is raining I must wear a hat. It's damn near impossible to work a guide dog with an umbrella in hat. Also depending on my mood the formal feel with be dark and gothy or light and girly.

20. Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to? Allergies where to start...lemongrass, milk and milk products, cats, dogs (yep I'm allergic to my dog, she can't lick me), sheep, bunnies, alpacas, goats, lol let's just say all animal fibers, certain flowery smells, Petrolatum, almost all lip balms don't have issues with burt's bees only one that I haven't gotten chapped and irradiated lips from(funny it's got lanolin but seems fine), products with high glycerol/glycine content cause issue as well, feathers, dust, mold, pollens, beef ( have to be careful because beef lard is in some cookies!, vegetable shortening is my friend!) and there is more to the list but that's all you need to know really. I hope I didn't hurt your head, sorry. The combination of sensitive skin and allergies really sucks at times.

21. Anything we missed that you want your pal to know? Not that I can think of right now, might edit at later date