Sunday, August 5, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favourite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? My favourite yarn to knit with is soysilk, silk and bamboo. I don't like fun fur and other novelty yarns as well as most acrylic yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a fabric roll-up for my dpns (not enough room for them all, need some more darn) and one for my straights. I also own a KnitPicks interchangeable needles kit and Denise kit. I'm currently keeping my crochet hooks and other circs in a plastic storage container

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I started knitting in Nov 2006 and I'm an intermediate knitter. I've been crocheting on and off since I was really little around 4 yrs. old

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yep but it's not up-to-date

5. What's your favorite scent? mint, mango, and grapefruit because I can't choose just one oops forgot green tea yum!

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favourite candy? Yep. Coke bottles, fuzzy peaches, cinnamon hearts, gummy worms, dark chocolate and jelly bellies (almost all except popcorn flavour beans yuck!)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Playing with beads, crochet, will be making stitch markers soon!, making cards occasionally, collages, I plan to start scrapbooking as well. I don't spin but I'd like to start.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Almost everything but country (however I like some bluegrass, Johnny Cash and Dixie Chicks so there are always exceptions) See my blogger profile for some of my favourites. I have devices that play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Blue, green, red, brown, purple, grey and black -- I'm not a fan of most pinks (I don't mind a little pink every once in a while though), oranges, yellows, most pastels and neon colours.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my partner - His Tallest and my daughter mini-me who is a teenager very soon. I have a black lab Maylee who is my guide dog (I'm legally blind with central functional vision in my right eye)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Everything but ponchos

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I've caught the sock bug and I also love to make hats and scarves. Knitting lace is another one of my new addictions.

13. What are you knitting right now? Monkey socks, Montego Bay scarf, Ravenclaw 3rd-4th yr. scarf and plain old stockinette socks

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? circs - I like my knitpicks interchangeables and lace addis. I also like bamboo straights and dpns

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I own a yarn winder

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I don't have any old UFO's because they have been frogged or finished now

18. What is your favorite holiday? Winter Solstice and Chinese New Year

19. Is there anything that you collect? stitchmarkers, kawaii stationary, books :-)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have a sub to Interweave Knits and Knit.1

Patterns: Rogue, Eris, any cookie A pattern except Thelonious and Flicker because I have both these patterns!

Yarns: Crystal Palace's Maizy sock yarn, Schoeller & Stahl Socktina Cotton, BMFA's sock candy

Needles: Rosewood dpns

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? intarsia, fair isle and magic loop

22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes! What are your foot measurements? Shoe size - 6 ½ to 7 ½ depending on the shoe Foot Length - 9 inches Foot Circumference - 8 ½ inches

23. When is your birthday? June 13th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? yep, nosheep4chelle

Since it's not on the questionnaire I guess the hostesses forgot this round I'm going to add it because it's an important one for me

25. Do you have an allergies? Allergies where to start...lemongrass, milk and milk products, cats, dogs (yep I'm allergic to my dog, she can't lick me), sheep, bunnies, alpacas, goats, lol let's just say all animal fibers, certain flowery smells, Petroleum jelly, almost all lip balms don't have issues with burt's bees only one that I haven't gotten chapped and annoyed lips from (funny it's got lanolin but seems fine), products with high glycerol/glycine content cause issues as well, feathers, dust, mold, pollens, beef ( have to be careful because beef lard is in some cookies!, vegetable shortening is my friend!) and there is more to the list but that's all you need to know really. I hope I didn't hurt your head, sorry. The combination of sensitive skin and allergies really sucks at times. Also I'm not fond of smoke smell and I live in a non-smoking household I'm not sure if we answered the question before this.