Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Chaussettes de singe pour moi!


I finished my monkey socks!! I finished them this weekend, but I didn't get a chance to post here. I wish Raverly was out of beta so I could just be lazy and link the to the post there, but since I can't here's the info and pics here a little later than I wanted them to be.



Monkey Socks


Pattern: Monkey Socks by Cookie A

Started: July 31st

Finished: August 6th

Needle Size: 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) and 2.25 mm (US 1) I changed needles sizes after decreasing all the gusset stitches

Yarn: Panda Cotton - 55% bamboo, 24% cotton, 21% elastic nylon. 2 skeins 340 yrds.

Colourway: 0435 Blueberries - Grapes



Notes: Next time I'll change needles when starting the heel flap because the ankle is a little loose. If I make another pair of Monkeys for myself (which I probably will because they are addictive!) I'll make then non-slouchy by knitting it all on 2.25mm's.

I'll wash and block them and see if there is any difference after that. I was going to wash and block then after I made them but I've been wearing them since they are so soft and very comfy!

I also want to say I love my Fluevogs, I call them my Alice shoes because they remind me of Alice in Wonderland. They are the only pretty shoes that I can wear when I'm working Maylee, so that says a lot.