Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Trying to get the Monkey off my back yet again - Monky Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire Answers

Yep I did it signed up for another swap. I thank my sockapalooza upstream pal (yay the socks are in the mail - got your e-mail will reply later!) for being a Monkey Sock Swap enabler. When I was little, my father used to take me to Stanley Park to see the monkeys. Yes Stanley Park back in the old days had Monkeys and I loved them. I'm a little sad still that they are gone. He used to point to them and say look there are your cousins. A family joke because one of my nicknames was monkey, I would do chin lifts on tables at the age of approx. 7 months when I was cruising (when babies start to try to walk by holding onto objects). I was curious (and still can be) and liked to hang around :-)

Monkey Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? between beginner and intermediate

The measurements:
Shoe Size: depending on the shoes it can be a US 6 ½ to 7 1/2
Foot circumference: 8 1/2
Foot length: 9 inches

Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love? Greens, Blues, Purples, Reds, Browns, Blacks, Greys

Do you prefer solids or variegated? either

Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? Cotton/nylon blend if possible! I’m allergic to wool and allergic socks do bad things to the skin on my feet.

What colors would you never wear? Orange, yellow, most pinks, pastels (have been on occasion but not much), neons

What are your favorite brands of yarn? Panda Cotton and Greenwood Fiber’s Cotton/Lycra Sock Yarn

Are there any new brands you would like to try? BMFA’s Sock Candy (always trying to find more!) and Crystal Palace’s Maizy Sock Yarn

Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? Monkeys

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own? Twisted Flower Sock, Gothic Spire I have the other free ones printed out already and ready to go once I get the monkey urge of my back, next is the pair for this swap and a pair of mini monkeys. If you want to print out BFF or Twinkle Toes in an easier format then feel free, right now BFF is only accessable via google cache

Other pertinent information:

Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? Since I’m international I don’t mind sending to either

Do you have any allergies? Loads – all animal fibers (including cats and dogs yep I’m allergic to my dog, but dog hair really doesn’t bug me like cat hair!), most perfume scents, lemongrass, lactose (milk products including milk solids, milk chocolate etc..), Petroleum jelly, almost all lip balms don't have issues with burt's bees only one that I haven't gotten chapped and annoyed lips from (funny it's got lanolin but seems fine), products with high glycerol/glycine content cause issues as well, feathers, dust, mold, pollens, beef ( have to be careful because beef lard is in some cookies!) and I think that’s all you really need to know. Yes I have more allergies and include skin sensitivities that my friends joke that I should live in a bubble.

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? Animals yes, a cute working (she’s my guide dog) black lab

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? yes I have access to crack Ravelry, my name is nosheep4chelle